Monday, December 28, 2009

Safe

I'm another world away, my old self locked in a cage where I have to stand and stay, just a moment any day.
Just what I left behind still lives, I can hear it when I'm still.
Weak connection, lines will cross, different lives, we co-exist.

If I could only take the time, fade away and crawl inside. I know you worry that I'm far away - At least you know that I'm still safe. I'm safe.

Now again I hear your voice, loudest when we haven't spoke.
Ringing in my ears - drowns the empty roaring of the crowd.
I'm alone most of the time, repenting every single crime.
Absolution in a glass, but I wake up where I have slept.

If I could only take the time, fade away and crawl inside. I know you worry that I'm far away - At least you know that I'm still safe. I'm safe.



Mustard Plug show Monday! I hope I can find $10. I haven't seen them in far too long, and I need a little ska in my life ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment